It’s Sunday again and time for Mum’s First Diary Sunday’s Kitchen! It’s a week since the theme was launched with the Delightful Strawberry and Coconut Cheesecake and I am happy to share another very favorite recipe. Yes it’s a delicious desert again (!) and the title says it all – Gooey Chocolate Brownie. Mmm..
This sweet temptation was made for a very special event and before sharing the recipe, I want to tell you a little bit about it. A few weeks ago I joined an online group for mums in my area and shortly after, a lady from the group organized a “meet up” at her house. Great! I felt quite excited, because it meant making new friends and also having some fun time. But at the same time I didn’t know anyone there! My worries soon vanished after I met a few of the mums and the night proved to be fun, relaxing and different. It’s always good to change the scene!
I am very happy that for one evening I got the chance to meet so many interesting ladies and also want to say a big thank you to the lovely host for creating an opportunity for us to meet up, socialize and make new friends.
I am looking forward to meet the ladies again on different occasions and want to say to all of the mums out there who has moved and started living in a new place or simply want to connect with other mums, that looking for and joining online groups in their local areas is a great way to connect! I hugely recommend it!
And now, the recipe – Gooey Chocolate Brownie (for real chocolate lovers!)
*Note: The pictures are showing 2 Brownies in making, but all of the measurements are for one!
- 185g unsalted butter
- 185g dark chocolate
- 85g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 50g white chocolate
- 50g milk chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 275g golden caster sugar
1. Put the butter and the dark chocolate in a glass bowl. Put a pan with water to boil and put the glass bowl on top. Make sure the bowl is on top of the pan, not floating and touching the water. Stir slowly until the butter and chocolate melt. Leave the mixture aside to cool. (It will smell amazing!)
2. Sieve into a bowl 85g plain flour and 40g cocoa powder. (In case you don’t have a sieve, just whisk them together. Ours was in the washing machine at the time, so this tip worked! )
3. Crush/Cut/Smash/Break the white and milk chocolate.
4. Break the eggs in a bowl and add the golden caster sugar, then mix with electric mixer thoroughly until it’s thick and creamy.
5. Now the tricky part! Take the chocolate and butter melted mixture from part 1 and slowly start pouring it into the white thick and creamy mixture from part 4. Make sure you are “folding” the brown, chocolate sauce into the whole mixture while poring it. Take it slow, go under and over in a figure of eight, so the two mix well together. Keep doing it until the mixture becomes one color-brown.
6. Once the mixture is ready, add the flour and cocoa powder and carry on folding slowly until they mix in together.
7. Add the white and milk chocolate chunks in stir, so they spread evenly about.
8. Now your mixture is ready to go in the oven! Put some grease proof paper in a baking tray and pour the mixture in. Bake for 25 minutes. Check when the time is over and if it is not wobbly in the middle, the Brownie is ready!
9. Leave aside to cool down well, cut and enjoy!
It’s a guaranteed chocolate heaven!
This Brownie is delicious enough on its own, but if you decide to serve it with a nice hot drink or as a Sundae, you won’t go wrong!
Quick tip for making a Brownie Sundae (It’s so good!)
You will need:
- Tall glass
- Ice cream (Vanilla is the best)
- Chocolate sauce
- Brownie chunks
What to do:
The Brownie would be best hot, so warm few small chunks (in a microwave/in the oven). Get a tall glass and start layering – Brownie then ice cream and again until you fill the glass. Top with chocolate sauce.
It’s absolutely amazing.
Have a lovely Sunday!